Monday, July 20, 2009

Sean's latest email update

Hey-
Sorry its been a few weeks but we have been busy and been doing activities with the zone. Things are going well here and I'm still learning a lot.. The weather has actually been really nice lately.. beautiful in the day and pretty cold at night.. it will never go below 32 degrees though..the only time its really bad is at 730 in the morning when i have to run my skinny white but outside to use the shower or bathroom.. because its outside the freaking house.. so that's pretty funnnnnn! My comp is cool and we get along really well.. he is from Kaysville and is about to complete 1 year in the mission so he has about 6 months more than me.. we have lots of fun together messing with all the drunk people and the kids... we received a reference from the office the other day of a lady that lives in our sector that is interested so we met up with her and she is so prepared.. she came to church yesterday and is so excited to get baptized.. she is like 34 and has a bf that's Mormon that has prepared her well.. so we are going to baptize her.. that's the last day of the change and i think I'm going to leave so at least ill go out with a dunk... other than that all the people we have are continuing to play games and be lazy.. everyone wants the blessings the we promise them and that gods has waiting for them but no one wants to do anything about it.. The natural man is a powerful thing and and even for me and us missionaries its something that we have to try everyday to get rid of.. The natural man doesn't want to pray, or have faith, he doesn't want to treat his wife with respect, he wants to do everything that satisfies himself right now in this world!!! Mosiah 3:9 its pretty frustrating when our investigators don't understand this.. anyways i promise I'm not a gomer.. I'm the same old Sean i just speak a different language which is really a gift from god... its so fun but so difficult at the same time.. I'm still learning a lot about Spanish but also lack lots... but I'm really not worrying at this put about my language.... i worry about my gospel skills.. ha ha so all is well here-- we sleep way good and are eating OK.... the grandma that we live behind always cuts our power and gets mad at us for the smallest thing we do wrong!!! ha ha its pretty funny!! does she really expect us not to use the small heater we have.. I mean were American were not about to suffer in the cold.. love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment